The BRICs Nursing and Midwifery Network collaborate with other networks within HMRI, the Hunter New England Local Health District, the University of Newcastle and its Research Centres, other Universities, nationally and internationally, and Industry partners on the growth of world class nursing and midwifery research and clinical innovation.
BRICS actively seeks collaborations that aim to have a maximum impact on health outcomes for people in a range of contexts and settings. Our focus is translational research and clinical innovation in health care. BRICS makes a contribution to the research community locally, nationally and internationally through collaborative research, clinical innovation and the dissemination of outcomes.
Purposes of the Network
- facilitate and encourage the growth of world class research and innovation in health care for improved health outcomes,
- provide a structure for communication, information, support, and resources.
- generate and promote the research activities, outputs of the Network and HMRI.
Aims of the Network
- facilitate strategically aligned research that informs health care policy and practice,
- build capacity amongst clinicians and early to mid-career researchers,
- establish a critical mass of researchers with standing in translational research,
- support collaboration and partnership for research including competitive and innovation funding applications,
- leverage philanthropic donations for awards, fellowships, prizes and scholarships,
- disseminate evidence and outputs.
Full membership is open, but not limited, to researchers with an established track record with publication.
Associate membership is open to researchers with developing research experience.
The conveners of the BRICs Network are Prof Isabel Higgins and Professor Vanessa McDonald.
- Isabel Higgins (Chair)
- Carol Azzopardi
- Fiona Hodson
- Graeme Browne
- Jacqui Pich
- Jenny Day
- Karen Kelly
- Kerry Inder
- Mandy Hunter
- Michael Hazelton
- Sally Chan
- Tony O’Brien
- Vanessa McDonald (Co-Chair)
If you wish to make a donation directly to the BRICS network:
- Contact HMRI’s donation line on 4042 1000 to make the donation directly and specifying that it is for the BRICs network.
- Contact Isabel Higgins or Vanessa McDonald for the details needed to make a bank transfer or to make a cash donation with receipt.
If you would like to become a member, download submit the below Application Form.
If you any questions regarding the network please contact Trish D'Accione on (02) 4042 0587 or complete the below form.