The HMRI Medical Research Week Public Seminar will be presented by Hunter Research Leaders: Professor Julie Byles, Professor Phil Morgan and Dr Susan Hua.
- Professor Byles is the current HMRI Researcher of the Year, and is one of the world’s most respected experts in gerontology and geriatrics. Julie will discuss her work into optimising health planning and delivery for our ageing global population.
- Professor Morgan received the HMRI Director’s Award for Mid-Career Research. His research is focussed on addressing obesity and the associated health consequences and crippling health care costs. Phil has a particular focus on showing families easy and achievable ways to maintain healthy eating and exercise habits.
- Dr Hua is the HMRI Early Career Researcher of the Year. She is working in one of the world’s most important and exciting research fields – using nanotechnology to achieve targeted drug delivery. Susan’s work crosses a range of illnesses including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, acute inflammatory pain, pregnancy and gut health.
Food: Sandwiches will be provided, with an optional gold coin donation always appreciated. Tea/coffee along with biscuits and fruit will also be provided.
Car Parking: Free car parking is available at the HMRI Building. If you require a Disabled Parking spot, or have special access requirements, please advise via registration below.
- 5.15 pm – 5.30 pm: Arrival and refreshments
- 5.30 pm – 7.00 pm: Welcome and Researcher Presentations
- 7.00 pm – 7.30 pm: Informal question time, networking and refreshments (end of event)