Join a panel of health and wellness practitioners as they navigate staying well in today’s world.
Hear first-hand why there is need for research into common and not so common illness both life threatening and non-life threatening.
Key note speaker from HMRI - what is happening in the world of research at HMRI.
Hi, I’m Katrina Ridley, of Bowen Health Therapy based in Boat Harbour.
I have decided to conduct a fundraiser for Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI). Why might I decide to do this? Just over 20 years ago I lost two nephews to illness 10 months apart. Patrick a gorgeous 10 year old and William beautiful at 20 months. Patrick to a chronic blood disorder and William to an adult type of Leukaemia. To say that this devastated their parents, siblings and the extended family is an understatement.
It was after this that I decided I wanted to make a difference in the lives of people who were / are in pain and or generally unwell. I could never have changed the outcome for my beautiful nephews but maybe just maybe I could help others experience a better quality of life. That is why I chose Bowen Therapy because it is effective yet gentle.
For the last 20 years I have always wanted to do something in their memories so I approached HMRI who have kindly given me an Authority to Fundraise on their behalf.
Time: 1pm to 5pm followed by dinner 6pm – 10pm
Tickets: $135 (price includes: Afternoon health and wellness seminar, 2 course dinner with raffles and auctions)
Anyone who needs or wants accommodation for the weekend, the Ramada is offering a discounted rate for anyone attending the event. The LINK AND PROMOTION CODE ARE BELOW.
Click here to book accommodation and use promo code HMRI
The guests will be able to stay from 1st August till the 5th August with that code, we do currently still have a 2 night minimum over the weekend for that period as well.
The Agenda is as follows: at Shoal Bay Country Club from 1pm to 5pm
- Acknowledgement of Traditional Custodians - 5 min
- Intro to the day and importance of wellness in all aspects of life - 10 min
- Panel 1 - Speakers 15 min each
- Dr Annie Marshall GP
- Dr Linda Sheahan - Palliative Care Physician
- Dr John Cropley - Dentist
- Ian Brigden - Optometrist
- Maree Frawley - Rejuvenation, Yoga, Inspired Living
- Lauren Chircop - Nutritionist
- Katrina Ridley - Bowen Therapy Practitioner
- Skye Stewart - Psychologist
There will be the chance for Q&A after each speaker - total 2hr 30min
- Speaker: Lynette Kelly - speaking as a parent who lost a child to illness - 20 min
- Speaker: Rebekah Wilson - HMRI representative - 30 min
- Gratitude reflections - 10 min
Saltwater Fingal Bay
- 5.30 - Drinks and nibbles
- 6pm - Dinner
Donate in lieu
Can't attend but still want to support the cause? Make a donation in lieu of attendance online and type "Patch – Will Boys Legacy" in comment field.