Join Professor Chris Levi and Dr Andrew Gardner for a public seminar on sport concussion. Learn about their latest research and their role in guidelines for return-to-play after an on-field concussion.
The night will also feature panel discussions with sporting legends and an audience Q&A session.
- Professor Chris Levi - neurologist and and Co-Director of HNEH's Sport Concussion Clinic
- Dr Andrew Gardner - clinical neuropsychologist and Co-Director of HNEH's Sport Concussion Clinic
- Paul "The Chief" Harragon - former rugby league player (Newcastle Knights, NSW Blues and Kangaroos) rugby league commentator and TV personality
- Timana Tahu - former rugby league player (Parramatta Eels, Newcastle Knights, NSW Blues and Kangaroos) and rugby union player (NSW Waratahs and Wallabies)
- Marc Glanville - former rugby league player (Newcastle Knights) and commentator
- Craig Hamilton - sports commentator
Attendance is free, but seating is strictly limited.
5:30pm - tea, coffee and sandwiches
6:00pm - seminar begins
This event is being recorded and will be live streamed on Facebook.
The recorded material may also be edited and used in other forms including social media, radio, television, newspaper, magazine, internet or other means.
By attending and participating in this event you authorise your likeness and voice, and any activity undertaken in relation to this event to be used by Hunter Medical Research Institute, University of Newcastle and Hunter New England Health and acknowledge that you assign all rights, title and interest including copyright to HMRI in perpetuity.