The Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) is a medical research institute based in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia.
Internationally recognised translational research outcomes are being achieved in asthma and airway diseases, cancer, diabetes, mental health, nutrition, pregnancy and reproduction, stroke and more. Collaborations are being conducted with institutes across the globe.
HMRI provides vital funding and facilities to fuel research, but the heart and soul of the institute are people – the researchers and support staff; the generous donors and supporters; the committed volunteers; and the patients who participate in trials and ultimately benefit from the research results.
Register to be a HMRI affiliated researcher
To register your interest in becoming a HMRI affiliate, please complete the survey below.
If you have any questions regarding registering as an affiliate or about the HMRI services available to affiliates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the benefits of becoming an affiliated researcher with HMRI?
There are a range of benefits available to HMRI affiliates:
HMRI building access, including access to meeting rooms, offices, hot desks and common areas
Networking and collaboration opportunities
Seminars, training, and events
Additional HMRI affiliate benefits may also include:
Access to labs and the Clinical Research Facility
Access to HMRI's Platforms including Clinical Trials, Health Research Economics, Data Science, Histology and Grant Development
Grant and funding opportunities, including access to HMRI's Philanthropic grants
Leadership and growth opportunities for Early-Career and Mid-Career Researchers
Promotion of your research through social and traditional media via the communications and media team
Assistance with recruiting participants for research studies through the research register and online promotion
Research equipment access
Who can become an HMRI Affiliate?
HMRI affiliation is open to individuals who are active in, wish to grow their capability in or support health and / or medical research; and who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Employed by HMRI and actively participate in research;
- Employed by Partner Organisations;1
- Research Higher Degree Students (PhD or Masters by Research) at the University of Newcastle2
- University of Newcastle Conjoint or Visiting Academic;
- Hunter New England region private health sector clinician (and their support staff);
- Active researcher or clinician (and their support staff), who work outside of the Hunter New England region, who have a compelling reason to be affiliated with HMRI (at HMRI discretion).
Individuals who previously met the above criteria, but no longer do, and wish to remain connected with HMRI may do so as HMRI Alumni.
1. The University of Newcastle, Hunter New England Local Health District and Calvary Mater Newcastle.
2. Undergraduate and Honours students and RHD students not enrolled at the University of Newcastle are not eligible for affiliation.
If you have any questions regarding registering as an affiliate or about the HMRI services available to Hunter researchers please contact email@example.com.