The HMRI IT Services Unit offers all medical researchers and PhD students free initial consultations to discuss your grant proposal or project requirements. ITS offers help in the following areas:
- Establishing workflow around data capturing
- Clinical trial recruitment
- Screening, randomising and managing participants
- Clinical Trial Follow Up
- Raw Data manipulating into combined reports
- data mamangement for research projects
- IT solutions for data
- Website Development
- Software Scoping and implementation
- App development
- Tailoring website platforms
- Free research project advice
The IT Team can help you customise and manage REDCap software to suit your research needs.
REDCap features include:
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely- Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Fast and flexible - Conception to production-level survey/database for small projects in less than one day, and for larger or more complex databases in a few days.
- Export data to common data analysis packages - Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Ad Hoc Reporting - Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Scheduling - Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link - Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Advanced features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, file uploading, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
- REDCap API - Have external applications connect to REDCap remotely in a programmatic or automated fashion.
- Data Queries - Document the process of resolving data issues using the Data Resolution Workflow module.
- Piping - Inject previously collected data values into question labels, survey invitation emails, etc. to provide a more customized experience.
- Multi-site access - REDCap databases/surveys can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions
- Access to Wi-Fi within the HMRI Building
- Information about the technology available to you within the HMRI Building including: teleconferencing, projectors, PC and laptop connections, telephones, videoconferencing and seminars
Professor John Attia, Professor of Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology
" It was very positive to have people who we could talk to about our IT needs who understood research and who were so responsive".
Susan Goode, Hunter Cancer Research Alliance Centre Manager
"The Huner Cancer biobank enaged with The HMRI IT Team to look at the marketplace and test out what options for open source software were available. Their advice was really valuable, " Susan Goode said.
" As a result, we have now put in place externally provided software, Open Specimen. We worked with HMRI IT to customise it to meet our needs."
" HMRI has previously assisted us in building costomisable reports, implementing automated data collection and helped us to use systems efficiently. If you are a researcher and you don't have experience in customising software or making data easily extractable, contact HMRI IT Services."