To celebrate HMRI’s 20 years of life-changing discoveries, we’re lighting the town green! Our researchers have given the green light to an abundance of translational health projects over the last two decades, so we’re lighting up the city to celebrate.
Check out these city landmarks as they turn green for medical research each night of Medical Research Week.
- Newcastle City Hall Clock, King Street Newcastle
- The Greater Bank Building, Cnr Beaumont and Tudor Streets Hamilton
- Port Waratah Coal Services Coal Loaders, Carrington
- Grain Silos, Carrington
- University of Newcastle NewSpace, Cnr Hunter and Auckland Streets Newcastle
- Visit each of the landmarks on display (and share your snaps on social media)
- Light your house, workplace, community venue green for the week
- Hold a “Going Green” day at your work and ask people to dress in green
- Make a donation to help HMRI continue to support life-changing research for the next 20 years and beyond
Be sure to take lots of photos, tag us on social media and use the hashtag #LightTheTownGreen